Dear Dessert Oasis,
Do you personally ever substitute a dessert-like alcoholic beverage for dessert? If so, what are some of your favorites/recommendations?
On the rare occasion I did not save room for dessert, or I happen to be at a place known more for their booze than their baked goods, yes, I have been known to have a “drinkable dessert.” Of course another glass or 5 of red wine is always an option, as is a more traditional digestif such as port, but here are some of my other preferred selections:
– a well-made chocolate martini, maybe with a twirly chocolate garnish of some sort!
– Cali’ Creamin’ Vanilla Cream Ale – somewhat unfortunate name, but tastes like cream soda ( + beer)
– Young’s Double Chocolate Stout – pairs well with the dark chocolate Milky Way you may or may not have in your purse
– Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole – have faith, this is amazing.
– any Lindemans Lambic – though I am partial to the Framboise or Kriek
Word to the wise: ending your night by drinking your dessert takes some skill. Use caution when consuming sugary alcoholic beverages so that you don’t end up ruining the next day. Until then, bottoms up!
Let’s just have one more,
Have a dessert question? Email me at email@example.com – from funnel cakes to fondue fountains, if it has sugar, I’ve probably eaten it.