I just have to say, and I’ve said it a million times before, I love Sweet Rose.
Some reasons why:
1. They have the classics: chocolate, coffee, salted caramel, vanilla, mint chip – made with fresh mint from the garden, not green fake nonsense.
2. They have ever-changing seasonal flavors: think candied kumquat in February and sweet corn in August.
3. They have an entire dairy-free section, and it’s not just fruit sorbets (while they do have sorbets and they are all wonderful): it’s horchata made with rice milk, coconut lime made with coconut milk.
4. Everything is homemade. They make their own waffle cones. They make their own marshmallows. They. Make. Their. Own. Sprinkles.
5. They have a s’mores pie and they have chocolate covered bananas.
6. Their Meyer lemon buttermilk sherbet is so good it makes me want to cry and send pints to everyone I know. Same goes for the roasted apricot buttermilk sherbet.
(One unfortunate item: their “hot fudge.” Delicious, but it is not thick. It should be called what it is: chocolate syrup. There, I said it.)